13:35:00

Paterson


So I've seen this movie called Paterson a year, maybe two ago when it came out. I go to the cinema quite rarely but after I saw it for the first time I rushed in again few weeks later to rewatch it with my cousin.
Even though there barely was any plot in the movie I absolutely loved and adored it. I could even say I was hypnotised by it, in the best way possible. The Paterson movie made me feel like if the time have stopped for a while. I could just sit and wonder. It gave me such a strong sense of mindfullness.
I loved the fact that even thought the life of the main character, Paterson, is pretty average and it seems like nothing significant is happening really, you can see he is happy. He's doing his own thing all while working as a bus driver. Day by day he's noticing all the small things, and those little things he allows to form a bigger meaning for him.
Out of the blue I came to the realization today that this is how I want to live my life as well. I want to live it mindfully. I want to allow myself to wonder. (even though the circumstances might be shitty) And I'll find my way eventually.

My favourite poem from the movie is this one:

Water falls.
Water falls from bright air.
It falls like hair, falling across a young girl’s shoulders.
Water falls making pools in the asphalt, dirty mirrors with clouds and buildings inside.
It falls on the roof of my house.
It falls on my mother and on my hair.
Most people call it rain.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat

Poznámka: Komentáře mohou přidávat pouze členové tohoto blogu.

Copyright © 2016 Marketa Kubes , Blogger