3:59:00

Authenticity, the way of survival



Authenticity. The quality of being real or true, not false or copied, genuine.

I think it have actually never occured to my mind like that before how an unquestionably necessary quality it is for one to live a happy life.
I used to think I'm being authentic in my life. And I'm sure I wouldn't believe you if you'd point out the truth and tell me otherwise. I was too vulnerable to see that, to face the truth without feeling overwhelmed with shame and guilt. It wasn't until I got chronically ill, both mentally and physically, which have turned my life as I knew it upside down. 
After getting a bit better, I realized how inevitably important it is to find authenticity, if you want to be a healthy, happy human. 
What a must it is to get truly in touch with yourself and find more about who you are. And to dig really deep into that. To learn to express that in a way that feels true to you. To find people who appreciate the real you and to wave goodbye to those who don't. To learn to listen to your gut instincts and then to not wait too long to act in an alignment with them (because the denial might then become too comfortable to settle in).
Authenticity might feel like a luxury to some (and it truly did to me) but I now know it's way more, it's a necessity and a way of survival.

I watched a video on this topic by Gabor Maté today. What especially caught my interest was when he stated that when we supress our authenticity, the body automatically supresses its other systems, including the immune. This can lead to various and oftentimes serious autoimmune deseases.

I know I've been lucky to get better. I've already came a long way. My physical symptoms have lessened. I have a much clearer view on who am I, what my personality is like, what I tend to lean towards to, how I like to dress, what I like to eat and what are my dreams for the future. But I still have a long way ahead and I realize this is a life-long journey of learning rather than a destination to be reached. I want to see more progress in my recovery and most importantly, I don't want to get stuck.
And I think authenticity is the key.

Have you ever struggled with being/staying authentic in any area in your life or in life in general? Is authenticity important for you? Have your health problems or struggles in general ever gave you a life lesson and turned into a blessing in the end? Let me know in the comments.

And lastly, my advice for you, but for me as well - if you feel like it's hard for you to find (and fight for!) authenticity in your life, use this feeling, this fact and transform it into a tool to help you navigate toward the path of getting better and not as something to feel upset or down about. It's your wake up call, so listen to it, explore your options and take brave steps! And the rewards will follow eventually :).

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat

Poznámka: Komentáře mohou přidávat pouze členové tohoto blogu.

Copyright © 2016 Marketa Kubes , Blogger